[3830] CQ WW RTTY LZ9R(LZ3YY) SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Oct 1 16:57:01 EDT 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LZ9R
Operator(s): LZ3YY
Station: LZ3YY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nr.Aitos

   80:  177   364       4       45    10
   40:  336   748      19       65    18
   20:  516  1160      28       77    26
   15:  209   519      20       61    23
   10:   12    32       0        8     7
Total: 1250  2823      71      256    84  Total Score = 1,160,253

TS850SAT 100w
2el.Quad switchable(DL2KQ design but for 20/15/10)
Single vertical(PA3HBB design)for 80/40

Thanks for all the QSO's
Highlights :  HC8N on 80m,Same + many caribbeans on 40m
Lowlights: 15/10 result not so good because Quad is only 3 meters over the
ground.On 20 it works just fine but on highbands I need more height.
On Sunday afternoon missed the brief 10m opening and great 15m condx
due to  2 hours power outage(heavy winds shorted several times power lines)
A bad relay in the Vertical band switching lost another 30min. in the final
hours but I managed to replace it in the dark.

Was happy to see AA5AU on 40m but couldn't catch him.Welcome back Don and
wish you quick antenna rebuilding ,with bigger ones :).
My new girlfriend stay with me about 30hours , make me coffee,sandwitches
and for sure she likes the contest place and such a strange thing - RTTY
contest ;).
All QSL cards received this year are answered and sent to LZ QSL Bureau.
Sorry for delay but for sure all of you who sends QSLs to me will receive
yours soon.
Congrats to LZ2BE & LZ9W for good score and Welcome to LZ5XQ in the RTTY
scene.

73 de Nasko,LZ3YY