[3830] SAC SSB N8II SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 4 08:48:24 EDT 2005

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV

   80:   0      0
   40:   4      4
   20:  65     27
   15:  13      8
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  82     39  Total Score = 3,510

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I heard K3ZO hard at it early and knew my station stood no chance against
 his on 40 and 75M and also realized that activity was low enough to make
 for some really slow S&P, rates, so I didn't take part full time. I was
 quite surprised to hear 20M still open when I returned after an afternoon
 trip about 21Z, but only about 5 stations were available plus a few more
 answering my CQ's. 15 did open to Eu very well on Saturday, but only OZ
 and SM7 had good signals into my area near Washington, DC. Other EU kept
 answering my "CQ Scandinavia", so I gave up fighting their desire and ran
 about 40 Eu stations when I could have been back 20M S&P'ing SAC. Sorry
 for the lack of desire to work the contest, but conditions which were
 about as good as possible for 2005 leave it difficult to have fun in the
 SAC. TF3XEN and JW5X were active with good signals.