[3830] JARTS AA5AU Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 16 22:07:47 EDT 2005

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA

   80:   65  131    18
   40:  104  245    34
   20:   24   57    21
   15:   20   55    18
   10:    0    0     0
------------------------
Total:  213  488    91  Total Score = 44,408

Still with only one antenna (HF2V).  Found out it works on 15 and 20 but not
that great.  Best contact was JA8TR on 20 meters late in the contest.  He was my
only JA on 20 meters.  The HF2V receives well on 15 and 20, but it doesn't
radiate well even with a KW.

Conditions seemed very good as signals on 15 and 20 meters were strong on the
vertical.  I know how good they would have been on a yagi.  Too bad I don't have
one up yet.

Insurance adjuster showed up finally on Saturday.  He found things wrong with
the house we didn't even notice.  It will be weeks before I know more.  The one
thing I do know is that every ceiling in my house is damaged and needs to be
replaced except one closet and the hall bathroom.  Now I have to figure out
where we are to live while the reconstruction is going on.  I hope to get a
trailer in my yard so I can work on my antennas while the house is being worked
on (anyone have one to rent?).  There is no hotel rooms, apartments or houses to
rent.  Just too many displaced people.

The recovery is going to take a long time.  Longer than I care for.  And there's
a lot of work to do.  Everything in the house must come out.  So today I cleaned
out the garage and locked important stuff in the garage.  Got to figure out
where to put my stuff.  Most will fit in the garage since a lot of the furniture
is getting tossed anyway.

I still have hopes of being up and running for the Roundup, but I just don't
know how it will happen.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's.  Wish I could have spent more time in the
contest.

73, Don AA5AU

Icom IC-756PROIII
Icom IC-PW1