[3830] JARTS VA3DX Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 16 22:45:44 EDT 2005

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VA3DX
Operator(s): VA3DX
Station: VA3DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON

   80:  101   209    28
   40:  221   526    66
   20:  410  1101    80
   15:  300   836    76
   10:   44   111    27
-------------------------
Total: 1076  2783   277  Total Score = 770,891

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first contest with the new 4 element SteppIR yagi at 72 feet.
Performance was superb, exceeding performance claims by Fluid Motion.
It made my former KLM KT34XA seem like a mini-beam.

It opened up 2 or 3 more layers of stations I could never hear before,
especially on 15 mtrs, where the KLM sucked....

Ran 600 watts output all weekend . My 25 year old Hygain 4O2BA at 83 feet
for 40 meters still gets out.

Condx were much better than expected. I think 48 hours operating for me
is out now. Found myself sleeping at the desk with my finger on the F1
key. Hopefully I didn't call CQ for too long...