[3830] WAG DL8MBS SO Mixed QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 17 08:30:00 EDT 2005

                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Erfurt

   80:  166      0      25
   40:  134     15      28
   20:   70     23      29
   15:   40     10      10
   10:    4      0       3
----------------------------
Total:  414     48     462  Total Score = 106,780

With the rest of the family on a short visit most of the sunday I could operate
quite a lot and even operate a little SSB, which would normally attract too much
QRM by two little ladies. During the regular saturday program I strung two wires
in the backyard and tried even one at the very small frontside of the house
(stateside direction with some 20 dB less attenuation). If I only were able to
hear the surmises of the pedestrians about the openwire-line...

Again many instances in the contest to renew my "qrPlease": Please make it clear
if I`m in your log or not - like with "qsl/tu" or "sri ltr". There is a
fascinating variety of ending a qso without that information. One east coast
station managed even twice to disappear during the contact. Attempt #3 brought
me to the other few hundred qsos in his file...

QRPers don´t expect to work everybody they hear - and thank nearly every
DX-Station that takes the time for more than one repeat. Not logging may be
difficult: Nearly all of such stations will tell me "qso b4" when being called
later - not to mention those who work dupes without comment. So not logging such
an unclear QSO could penalize a ham who took quite a lot of time to complete it.

Thanks to all who dug me out (special thanks to W1MU who really managed it on
80m) - and the operator at PI60ZI who was the one and only (!) to say "sorry,
not possible" (40m SSB)

Rig: IC 718 - 5 W out
Ant: Wire vertical for 40m
40 m doublets (@ ~10m and invV @ 8m), one fed as T on 80m (12 m vertical)