[3830] JARTS AD4EB Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 17 12:57:25 EDT 2005

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

   80:  175   364    31
   40:  275   622    53
   20:  567  1459    82
   15:  489  1378    84
   10:   16    39     9
-------------------------
Total: 1522  3862   259  Total Score = 1,000,258

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Another great RTTY contest with good conditions and plenty of outstanding RTTY
operators. Was expecting to run out of people to work by Sunday, but they just
kept on coming. Wish I had spent more time on 10 meters.

On Saturday the K index was 0 to 1 and auroral activity was low. The bands were
very quiet and had no problem working any weak signals. On Sunday the K index
increased to 2 and 3, and auroral activity became high. Worked quite a few
stations with unexpected beam headings and via scatter.

For a JA contest sure worked alot of European stations, had only 70 JA's QSOs.

Nice to see 8 ladies in the contest, and 4 operators less than 20.  Average of
all QS0s (minus 00's and 99's) was 54.6 years.

I have been playing with RTTY since the age of 14 (family friend gave me a Model
19).  I've always felt like a youngster, since most people I QSOed with on RTTY
were older. It was nice to see the younger crowd (150 QSOs 40 and under).  Now
at 50, this was the first time I did not feel like such a youngster.

Was thinking about why RTTY contesting is so popular.  I've only been contesting
seriously now since Jan 2003.  What got me turned onto contesting was trying
N1MM with RTTY.  It was so easy to get setup and running, and so enjoyable to
use.  I expect the quality and ease of use of the various contesting/RTTY
programs available has alot to do with why RTTY contesting has become so
popular.  Looks like RTTY may be here to stay.

Enought soapboxing.

Thanks to all who worked me, and thanks to JARTS for sponsoring this contest.

73 - Jim - AD4EB

P.S.  Goal was 1,500 QSOs then 1,000,000 points.  Broke 1M points on the final
qso with W0TY.  Was not sure if I made the needed last qso in time, so checked
the log.  Logged time was 23:59:59, now that blew my mind!