[3830] CQWW SSB 5B/AJ2O M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 30 19:53:15 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 5B/AJ2O
Operator(s): RW4WR, UA9CDV, RX3DCX, RV1AW, RA3AUU
Station: 5B/AJ2O

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cyprus

  160:  165    10       61
   80:  725    19       81
   40: 1455    26      111
   20: 1893    33      122
   15: 2530    31      112
   10: 1031    17       67

The worst propagation we have ever experienced!

We could never imagine that we would have to straggle for Caribbean,
Central and South America multipliers on 20-15-10 meters like we were
on 160 m. We hardly remember a signal from this part of the World
stronger than S 1-2 units during the entire contest.

We also felt like someone had built a wall between us and Pacific on
all the bands. With the mountain on the South (no Africa at all
times), no propagation to the Caribbean and South America and nothing
from Pacific we suffered shortage of Multipliers by large number.

Our guests Andrei RV1AW and Dima RX3DCX were very disappointed by such
propagation tricks. They both at their contest sites (RU1A and RL3A)
can spent just few seconds to get any mult into the log but here they
had to see the difference.

Bad propagation is not everything in our story. We had some rig loses.
Number one was our Low Band vertical right at the middle of Saturday.
It made our 80-160 m signal much weaker because we had to use just
simple wires. Number two was FT-1000MP with its pin-diodes, so we had
only 2 rigs left to run the contest.