[3830] CQWW SSB W6XR SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 31 21:04:50 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WNY

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   22    10       17
   40:   65     9       40
   20:  178    22       85
   15:  159    23       83
   10:   60     9       25

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had planned on a fair amount of operating BUT, Murphy struck.  Lost the Alpha 86
and the TL922 within 15 minutes of each other, both with T/R problems.
Hopefully, they will be back for the CW version.

Just loved the new 756 Pro III and I'll never do another contest without a
bandscope again.  The 756, in my humble opinion performed better on RX than the
FT-1000 Mark V it replaced.  The new antennas really rocked and the stack of
C31XR's were worth the extra work.

Had much fun and had no reservations about the new stack or the new rig as they
both exceeded my expctations.  The phone activity on the really bottom end of 40
was strange but I don't claim to know all the worldide conventions and
prohibitions.  On the good side of things, WL was flawless as were the antennas
and the transcievers.  The amps just decided to fail at the worst possible
moment.

For the first time in a very long time (>30 years) I'll be sending "A" in SS!
What a concept.

73

Natan W6XR/2