[3830] NCCC Sprint(9-2) N6ZFO LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 2 02:40:31 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (9-2)

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

---------------------
Total:  42     Mults = 14  Total Score = 546

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This summer most of my contesting effort went into organizing, running and
tabulating NS, so I was not surprised to discover, last week, a mix-up between
my two orthagonal Zepp antennas.  With feedlines straightened out and some
persistent RFI/computer issues solved, NS was both more fun and more productive
this week, allowing me to break 40 Q's, finally.  Most importantly, I'm ready to
run the upcoming NA Sprint, which is of course a main point of NS practice.

NS has been a fun series thanks the enthusiasm shown by all of you across the
country and locally. Again special thanks to Bruce and Dink for providing the
3830 resource.  The 3830 score reporting was an important factor in our
success.

We had records this week -- 21 or more possible multipliers and the first score
over 1000 points are examples.

We'll be back with NS next summer, probably in the same format. Please send your
comments and ideas to n6zfo at arrl.net.  On the 3830 NCCC net tonight there was
some sentiment for continuing these short sessions on weeks when there's no
official NCCC practice for an upcoming contest.  Through the year these
NS-replacements may not be in the Sprint format, so they will be called
something different. We have a few creative ideas for the name. As is customary,
we'll tell you what we're doing on a given Thursday via CQ-contest.

In a few days I'll post the NS final score compilation/ladder to cq-contest.
Thank you again to the 100 or so participants who gave this summer fun event a
try.

73 bill n6zfo
Contest Director for NCCC CW Sprint (NS)
(n6zfo at arrl.net)