[3830] Rus RTTY K9MUG SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Sep 3 22:22:39 EDT 2005

                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: K9MUG
Operator(s): K9MUG
Station: K9MUG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Al(04)

   80:
   40:   95   620    24
   20:   89   625    23
-------------------------
Total:  184  1245    47  Total Score = 58,515

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Early in the week, with my back feeling better and with the hurricane winds
subsided, I decided to put the 4 element wire beam(40m) back in the trees.
I finished late in the week and Thursday nite was magic. The swr was high so I
only ran 100 watts, but with condx good, I worked all over EU and AF and had a
great Long Path qso with my friend , Mike, on the other side of the
globe(VK6HD).

I finished the tuning Friday and waited for what was going to be an SOSB40
effort. Then I realized what had happened to propagation in just a few hours!!

I started on 40m, and worked most of the stateside contingent, but EU was almost
non-existent. There were some good signals from SA : YV6BTF,
YV5AAX,CX4AAJ,PT7AZ. Finally, I qso'd UU7J(who I heard all evening long with a
great sig.) then F6IRF ,F4JRC ,HB9CAL,UW8M. About 04:30, I q'd Bob, ZL2AMI and
went to bed. This AM,only ZL4BR and RK0AXX---nO ja'S were readable.
Fortunately, the last hours were fairly good on 40-- a great LP sig from Mike
VK6HD,and the surprise of the test 9G5OO.  Tnx to All!!.

Darrell