[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 11 09:30:14 EDT 2005

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

---------------------

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Rates were 109/76/82/82

No major problems here, just bad propagation and bad luck with multipliers.
Never had a sprint where I heard so many I never worked:  KS, VE7, KP2, WV, are
a few I remember.  Also don't remember a sprint where I gave up on so many
people -- guys were super, super weak, especially on 40.

Guys in Texas were always loud.  W6 very loud on 80.  But close stuff was
inaudible on 40, even at the beginning.  Didn't work Ohio here until after
0200z.  Still can't figure out why I can't make anything happen on 80 anymore,
even with 3 different antennas there.

With about 20 minutes to go in the contest, I finally figured out why everybody
sounded so tinny -- my headphones were shot!  Need to operate a little more, I
guess.

  - Pat
    N9RV