[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 18 02:01:26 EDT 2005

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Lids from Nine & Zero Land

Comments:

Mults Missed:  AK, CT, ID, ND, SD, VE2, VE4, VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8

STATION:
  1 Antenna: Alpha-Delta DXCC fan dipole, shortened on 80m @ 30ft.
  1 Radio:   FT-1000MP

I had this same setup during last weekend's CW Sprint, and it did not play very
well. But it sure worked great this time!  The 80m portion of the fan dipole
resonates at 3890, which probably explains why it sucked eggs on CW.  Anyway,
I'm really pleased with the new QTH, as it's very quiet here, and it looks like
the location is going to play well.  Can't wait to get real antennas up in the
air.  Looks like mid-October for the antenna party.

Some pics of the new place are here: http://qth.com/gallery/ka9fox
(sorry, no pictures of the amazing Alpha-Delta DXCC !)  FYI, I have CC&Rs here,
and am limited to a single tower, so that is why you don't see multiple towers
going up.

See you in February!

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox at qth.com