[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 18 15:29:27 EDT 2005

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI

---------------------

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Did this one from my northern WI QTH, good antennas, but right under the auroral
oval. Got off to a reasonable start. The bands were long from there right at the
beginning and it seemed that signals were either very strong or very weak, not
many in between. The aurora hurt me, particularly near the end. About 0330
signals on 80 almost totally disappeared. I finally retreated to 40, where I
made a few QSOs then back to 80 where signals picked up just before the end.
When it was over I took the dog for a walk and the aurora extended almost to the
zenith. Very pretty but not so good for HF.

73

Jim