[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 19 16:22:32 EDT 2005

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: VE3CVG
Operator(s): VE3CVG
Station: VE3CVG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN25hm

  222:   12     9
  432:   29    12
  903:    5     4
  1.2:   10     6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  121    56  Total Score = 10,752

Club: Contest Club Ontario

This was a enjoyable contest. Saturday was quite flat until evening then tropo
improved and the noise level dropped off. The aurora was a mixed bag, short haul
so I found I was better off working the stations I heard, using tropo rather
than AU.

Sunday started off really exciting in the morning with some nice tropo but later
in the day things went pretty dead and my noise level came way up. Not too bad
in the early evening but I didn't hear many stations after 8pm.

VE3WCC rover was fantastic and really helped to liven things up. Thanks Tom
(VA3NFA) and Brad (VE3BSM).

A good turn out by locals, many of whom were not in the contest but came on the
air to give us points. Thank you.

The leaves are pretty thick and tough for me to do much on 1296 and 903 -
January will be better. Now that I know that everything's working, I've got to
replace that little yagi with a 903 looper asap. I am pleased with the DEMI 903
xvrtr - a bargain.

Next weak signal project is to get 10GHz going.

My station:
50     Kenwood TS2000  100W     5el @ 48 feet
144    Kenwood TS2000  100W     8el @ 51 feet
222    MMT 28-222 + amp 30W     7el @ 53 feet