[3830] CQ WW RTTY M6T(G0WCW) SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 28 11:35:24 EDT 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G0WCW
Station: M6T

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Ipswich

   80:  120   0        1       31     9
   40:  201   0        1       38    11
   20:  349   0       35       68    24
   15:  212   0       21       61    24
   10:    2   0        2        2     2
Total:  884   0       58      200    70  Total Score = 680,928

Club: Martlesham DX and CG

Comments:

This was my first CQ WW RTTY contest, and my first that lasted more than 2
hours. Nothing like going in at the deep end.

Managed 27 hours in the end between other commtiments, but managed to meet all
the targets I set as a first-timer.

I used MTTY and N1MM for TU and logging, both of which ran without trouble.

Radio: FT1000D + Amp. (I could do with the FT1000MP's filters).

Ants: HF = KT34 at 30m, 40M = 402CD at 25m, 80m = Delta Loop

Highlights:

- Being able to run on 40m Sunday night despite it being a bit of a zoo!
- Managing 200 countries (just)
- Making my targets (with half an hour to spare)

Lowlights:

- Not good enough yet to pick up mults while running
- Band selection strategy not good enough to keep the rates up
- Having a short callsign ... under S&P, was asked for lots of repeats

As usual, thanks to all who kindly worked me. Any pointers appreciated and any
direct reports welcome.

See you in the next one.

73,  Darren, G0WCW, of the M6T team.