[3830] CQ WW RTTY CT3IA(@CQ9K) SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 30 08:48:56 EDT 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: CT3IA
Operator(s): CT3IA
Station: CQ9K

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: IM12

   20: 1444  4322      52      106    36
Total: 1444  4322      52      106    36  Total Score = 838,468

Club: Madeira Team

Comments:

Outstanding contest this one was.
Got a 20mt noise band during all the contest period, still i haven't got periods
of lonely cqing, got some good pile-ups and some of them to work 3 in a row. As
usual i got company in both side of my QRG, but the filters from the FT-1000MP
full packed worked 100%. In this contest i select the FT-1000MP because of the
two VFOs, but at the end i made my mind that working with 2 vfos on RTTY is a
lot of work, but with some practice maybe we'll get there.
On Saturday the conditions were normal, but there was some periods where a
vertical antenna could handle the job, but the nicest to observe was stations
working almost on 14.120, this explains the crowded band.
On Sunday i managed to work more Qsos than Saturday, but maybe that was caused
by a improvement of the propagation conditions to Europe.
Also new to this contest was the QTH, where i was able to work along 3 other
teammates from Madeira Team in the CQ9K Qth.
I have to give a special thanks to CT3BD,CT3DL and CT3DZ, because they've made
possible the entire setup to work. Also the entire Madeira Team members, those
who worked with me, and the other that visited the station i need to give a
special "Obrigado".
This was a experience to bear in mind, so i'll keep that!.

Conditions:
Yaesu FT-1000MP Full Packed (CT3DZ)
Ameritron AL-1500X (CT3BD)
Antena: 2x20mt Yagi