[3830] MiQP KK8I(@K8CC) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 16 09:01:38 EDT 2006

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: KK8I
Operator(s): KK8I
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WASH

   80:   88     43
   40:   80     12
   20:   27      8
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  195     63  CW Mults = 71  Ph Mults = 40  Total Score = 50,283

Tough contest with conditions as bad as last year with the 'aggravating factor'
of running QRP vs. High Power in 2005. 40m was too long for many in-State QSOs
and only K8IR was workable from a few of the most distant Michigan counties.

Did not feel like running even 5 watts on 20 and 40 with many S9+ stations not
hearing me. I know I was often testing the patience on the other side quite a
bit and repeats were needed in 50% of the QSOs. Only when 80m opened, I felt
being just 2 S units weaker than a low power station. Unfortunately, 80m got
noisy towards the end because of storms approaching from the West.

Worked from K8CC's QTH (thanks Dave!), but due to antenna rework and high band
conditions, hardly used any of his beams. S02R was nice though - Dave's place is
well equipped.

The last three minutes yielded three QSOS for three new multipliers (tnx K5XK
and K0JPL), which bumped the raw score just over 50k.

See you next year, 73! Uli, KK8I