[3830] MiQP KU8E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 16 11:22:22 EDT 2006

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   39     10
   40:   70     11
   20:   32      9
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  141     30  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 18  Total Score = 24,648

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I had planned a semi- serious effort but Murphy showed up at my doorstep.
Got home from my son's soccer game about an hour into the contest. Turned on the
amp and there was a big bang. Spend about an hour looking at it then decided to
just go ahead and operate LP. Condx from GA were just OK. When the bands are
long its to our advantage. 40 meters was open to MI just about the whole contest
but there didn't seem to be much that much fixed activity other than the rover
stations. 20 meters was so-so with some short openings. Nothing on 15 or 10
meters here. 80 was very noisy and tough at times, especially running 100 watts.
Probably should of done SO2R and done some CQing on SSB. My heart wasn't really
into it after losing the amp so I spent the rest of the contest mostly chasing
the rovers.

Congratulations to Paul, N4PN. He sounded like he might of broken the
Out-of-State I had set when I lived in Ohio...

73, Jeff