[3830] MiQP K4EJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 16 14:41:31 EDT 2006

                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K4EJ
Operator(s): K4EJ
Station: K4EJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL (WCF)

   80:    3      0
   40:   48     14
   20:   34     14
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   85     28  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 14,454

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

It continues to surprise me just how much fun the State QSO parties really are!
To make a reasonable out-of-state showing, there is as much "skill" required in
planning, band choice and execution as there is in ANY of the major events.
Chasing the mobiles, on their one-shot fly-by through the counties, and keeping
track of the "new ones" worked on your supplied Michigan County checksheet,
along with your 12-hour format, is really as much fun as the rigor of the IARU
24-hour format, with it's one shot at a sunset and one shot at a sunrise ...
definitely takes "being there" ... you snooze, you loose in these "chase across
the counties" ... for me, with a 100 watts through a tuner to a skewed vertical
with no radials (no, it's not an R8), alot of listening, tuning (have we
forgotten what that is, using the big black knob in the middle of the radio,
since the advent of the Cluster and the point-and-shoot WL/TR/N1MM advances)and
timing, I actually got that ol' adrenline "rush" more than once chasing the
mobiles ... thanks to the contest sponsors for a really FB contest, and
mega-thanks to the mobiles for always injecting the real thrill into the
Party.

Logged 50 of the 83 MI Counties ( 60% )and worked the following mobiles
(QSOs)for 36% of my total QSOs:

AD8J (2)
AF8A (4)
K8IR (5)
K8MR (7)
NU8Z (5)
W1NN (8)
WI9WI (2)
WT9U (8)

NOTE: 5 DAYS 21 HOURS 'til the ether explodes from the thunder of the FLORIDA
QSO PARTY .... DON'T MISS THE FUN ... http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/

73 / OJ

- Frank
- K4EJ (ex: ka0ggi)