[3830] OnQP VE3CRU/R SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 19 10:29:14 EDT 2006

                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: Rover

  160:    2      1      2
   80:    2      2      2
   40:    7      7      8
   20:    1      5      4
    6:          33     30
    2:          90     62
  222:
  432:          25     22
---------------------------
Total:   12    163    130  Total Score = 108,720

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Propogation left so much to be desired, as all are aware.  Covered 16 counties,
qualified as opening 14.  Missed out in PED and NOR.  Was kept busy in FRO and
LXA swapping hf whips to run the bands with VE3RCN.  Driving time between
counties was 8.1 hours, incl coffee and supper, and 6 hours going to/from
first/last destination each day.  Gas companies loved me.

VHF was very active, fortunately.  Got 148 Q's out of 175 above 10 meters.
Great wx to rover, no equipment failures or antennas lost or damaged.  Lost map
book leaving BRA.  Great to hear some newbies to contesting on the bands too.
Hope to meet all of you in future contests.

It pays to stick with a contest when the beginning is rough.  I much exceeded
expectations by doing so, both here and in other 2006 contests.   Already
planning for 2007.   Electronic logging a must do.  It has taken days to sort
this contest out on paper.

Thanks so much for the fun, the Q's and the multi's to all participants.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R