[3830] FlQP N6WG SOABCW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 23 19:44:09 EDT 2006

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: Newark CA

   40:    0     0
   20:   56     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   56     0  CW Mults = 36  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 12,096

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was the most brutal contest I've worked my way through so far.
 Many stations that I used to work on a first or second call had to be
 chased over both days to finally make a QSO.  Some were never worked.
 The name of this game had to be persistence.  I'd mark a call in my band
 map, and check on him periodically, call a few times, and if no answer,
 move on and try again later.

 I noticed rather extreme QSB throughout the contest, so had to get my
 timing just right and shoot on the uproll :-)  Worked most of the time
 (eventually).

 Twenty meters had to be the work band for me.  Nothing heard after
 frequent checks on 15m, and had to miss Saturday evening so missed any
 chance at any 40m Qs.  Even so, I'm reasonably satisfied with what I
 accomplished in my first FQP.

 Thanks to the Florida gang for putting on the event.
 Please join us for the California QSO Party in October.
 73, Bob N6WG
 The Little Station with Attitude