[3830] NCCC Sprint(4-21) N3BB/WK2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Apr 29 07:19:41 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (4-21)

Call: N3BB/WK2
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      8
   40:  27     13
   20:  18      8
-------------------
Total:  54     28  Total Score = 1,512

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was not in top form tonight.  The bands were good, and quiet. But I never was
in the zone.  I had one small hardware problem on 40 meters that cost me two
minutes in the middle of this thing.  Seemed to get crosswise every time I
worked N4OGW, and had to send dit dah dit dit dit every time while I retyped in
the info.  Sorry Tor.

There were very few signals on 80 meters here, and N4OGW was very much stronger
than every one else.  W9RE was right behind.  I kept trying to get something
going on 80 and 160, but the action on 80 seemed to develop only right toward
the end, and I never heard a single signal on 160, even though I kept listening
and sending F7 CQs there.  Oops, it’s morning now and I realize that I used
1840, not 1810-20.  Duh!  Sorry about that.  See, I told you’all I was not on my
game.

Stations worked the most often:

NK7U 8
N4OGW 6
K7NV 5
VA3NR 5
W9RE 5

N6RO worked only 2 times…is that possible?  Never in synch.  Ditto N4AF (only 2
times).   W0YK/6 not at all.  It’s clear that the skip to CA was not optimum at
all.