[3830] FlQP AD8J/M SO MobileMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Apr 29 14:42:26 EDT 2006

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: AD8J/M
Operator(s): AD8J
Station: AD8J/M

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH:

--------------------
Total:  901    125  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 30  Total Score = 373,838

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at operating mobile in the FQP.  I drove down from PA
for this and had a blast.  I'm already planing next year's trip to allow for
more operating and less driving between counties.  I did have a few problems but
nothing I couldn't fix.  Managed to pull the mag mount off the car going through
a fast food drive-thru window.  Computer had a habit of doing odd things until I
discovered a bungi cord was pushing on a key.  Blew the fuse (the solder
actually melted) powering the radio at the same time the rate meter hit 160/hr
but luckily I had a spare.