[3830] Helvetia VA7ST SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 30 11:48:49 EDT 2006

                    Helvetia Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    2     0       2
   20:   20     0      14
---------------------------
Total:   22     0      16  Total Score = 1,056

Given the past month or two of pretty soggy propagation, I figured I'd find and
work maybe 10 HB stations during a few hours of hunting on 20M -- propagation
was actually quite good, which was a nice surprise.

SFI=100 A=1 K=0 provided some reasonable conditions to EU on 20M most of the day
Saturday. Strongest EU opening in months. Seemed lots of DX out and about on 20M
-- at various times, I heard strong signals from 4X4, A45 and a short CQ from
the Congo.

Heard five or six HBs on 40M, but could only work two of them, using 100W to a
2-element inverted-V beam between pines.