[3830] IOTA SM6WET SO12Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 2 13:40:05 EDT 2006

                    IOTA Contest

Call: SM6WET
Operator(s): SM6WET
Station: SM6WET

Class: SO12Mixed LP
QTH: Sweden
Operating Time (hrs): 6,46

   80:    8                0
   40:   38               15
   20:    0                0
   15:   11               17
   10:   12               20
Total:   69       1       52       1  Total Score = 39,000

Just entering for fun and get any new IOTA-references in the log.
QTH was the summer cabin out in the woods and therefor no cluster and no higher
power.
Furthermore it seems that I had during another time melted the trap for 20m in
the vertical so that antenna was good only for 10 & 15.
Used a sloper on 40m and on 80m I have a fullsize ¼wave vertical made from
wire and hung from a high pine tree, well guess what....... Someone have pulled
really hard in the wire so that it had stratched and nomatter how I tried I
never got it tuned on 80m.

So, what happend with IOTA contest anyway and what is it?
Should it not be a contest where one is to chase IOTA-reference Islands?
Well, listening around on the open bands most of the running stations were
normal land based stations.
I myself was never running except for last 10 minutes when I was running on 10m
due to that half of Europe had not discovered it open.
I think RSGB should implement a rule in the IOTA contest that if a band is
crowded or a IOTA station needs the freuency it should be given up by land
based stations. I can work OK, OE, HB9 and YU as examples in any contest but
getting IOTAs is alot harder.

73 de Magnus SM6WET