[3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 08:05:40 EDT 2006

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): N6ZZ
Station: N6ZZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  666   172  Total Score = 114,552

Club:

Team: Azenmokers

Comments:

An interesting variety of problems.

The computer decided that Radio 2 should always be on 15 meters.  Even after I
corrected the band, it would jump back to 15 meters.  Computer?  Logging
program?  Eventually, this idiosyncrasy caused me to abandon SO2R, which
probably cost some QSOs on 10 meters since I never heard a peep up there when I
happened to listen.

I also discovered that my C3S had a 3:1 SWR.  Antenna?  Stackmatch?  So much
for spraying the signal in two directions simultaneously.

It's the monsoon season in New Mexico, lots of QRN from storms in the area, but
at least no loss of operating time.

Why'd Mama have to give me a name that's such a PITA to get across on CW?  Must
have resent it 3 dozen times.