[3830] NAQP CW N5DO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 10:35:48 EDT 2006

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   14     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  673   151  Total Score = 101,623

Club:

Team: Austin Powers Grandmas

Comments:

My goal was to beat my score from last year, and I did -- by 22 points.
[Actually I had in mind some greater improvement than that!]  I started out
terribly slow on 15M, whcih seemed to set the tone for awhile.  I also missed
any 10M openings, at least partly through operator error.  At the start of the
contest I could not hear anything on 10M -- in fact the band was abnormally
quiet.  Rather than worry too much about it I just went on, and later
discovered I did not have the antenna switched in on the second radio.  Around
0300 a local (K5FD) worked me so I moved him to 10M for my only QSO there and
then to 15M for my only Texas QSO on that band.  As I was leaving 10M I thought
I heard a 4 calling me, and thought that I should go back to 10M and check to
see if it was open.  But after I finished on 15 I went back to 80 and forgot
about 10M.  Now I see from N6RO and other comments that there were openings on
10M in the evening.      I think the second guessing as to how I can improve my
score keeps me coming back for more! Thanks es 73.