[3830] NAQP CW AK0M Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 6 17:22:01 EDT 2006

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AK0M
Operator(s): AK0M
Station: AK0M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IA

  160:    2     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  334   129  Total Score = 43,086

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

I tried a reasonably serious QRP effort this year given my modest station.
Thanks to all for digging my weak 5W signal out of the noise, especially on the
low bands. First time in a couple of years that I haven't operated portable. Had
been thinking about putting ND on the air, but couldn't make it happen this
year.

Condx seemed relatively good, better than I expected. 15m was open at the start
for a bit, but 20 and 40 were the usual workhorse bands. I was especially
surprised to find and work K0LUZ on 10m at 0107z for my only 10m QSO. Overall I
missed 10 states and 5 VE provinces, so plenty of opportunity probably missed.

Rig: Ft1000MP MkV Field at 5w; TH2Mk3 2-el tribander at 35ft; HF6V vertical on
ground with about 30 radials; 160/80/40m half-sloper off the tower at 33ft.

73, Steve AK0M