[3830] NAQP SSB N3BB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 20 02:33:37 EDT 2006

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, Texas

  160:    9     7
Total:  982   212  Total Score = 207,760

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Kinksters

Comments:

My first SSB contest in a long time and my first one with TR. It took the first
half hour to get rid of my "clever" memory programming, and I used the memories
only to call a looooooot of CQs and to send my call in when calling a station on
the non-CQing radio. That was it.

The 160 activity was disappointing, or perhaps I will find that I missed all
the action. 40 and 20 were the "little engines that could" and I called a
zillion CQs. Moved a lot of people-thanks to everyone.

Sorry about the end of the contest, as I had it embedded in my mind that there
was another hour to go, and called CQ on 75 meters for a full five minutes
after the contest. Actually got a guy at 0604Z! I will delete that!
Pardon!!!!!
That is embarrasing.

Conditions were difficult but 15 and 10 were open at the start for a while. I
never heard 10 open like it did in the CW weekend to the W4-8-9-0 areas later.

It was fun to do a phone contest.

Tnx to the folks for all the moves.

There are more YLs on SB than on CW.

This glass of Ballantines old scotch is pleasant at 1:30 AM.

73,  Jim