[3830] OhQP K0IO SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 27 11:30:00 EDT 2006

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K0IO
Operator(s): K0IO
Station: K0IO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   48      8
   40:   63     26
   20:   32      9
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  143     43  CW Mults = 62  Ph Mults = 26  Total Score = 28,952

The contest was fun. I found QRN on 40 worse than on 80/75.  With just an
80-meter inverted vee fed with open-wire line, I had one tuner dedicated to 40
cw and another for 40 ssb, The other 2 tuners were set first for 20 cw and 20
ssb then 20 cw and 80 cw and later I switched the 20 cw tuner to 75 ssb.
Changing bands was then just a matter of one switch to control the tuner
"gazinta" and one switch to control the balanced tuner "comesoutta." For single
mode operation, I have a relay setup controlled by the radio with tuners for
160-15. See y'all next year -- John