[3830] OhQP W8WTS SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 30 01:36:44 EDT 2006

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: W8WTS
Operator(s): W8WTS
Station: W8WTS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Huntsburg, OH

   80:  105     66
   40:   75     14
--------------------
Total:  180     80  CW Mults = 60  Ph Mults = 43  Total Score = 45,320

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

OQP was a spur of the moment event for me this year.  I had work activities that
took priority during the morning and early afternoon, and didn’t believe that
I would have time to put in a decent effort.  Fortunately, the schedule eased
up a bit, so I decided to grab a rig and some antennas and head to Geauga
County.

The station was very reminiscent of Field Day, with a dipole in the trees, a
rig, a computer and an operator.  By 6 PM, I was on 40 m and having fun.

At 8 PM, the 40 m dipole came down and was replaced by an 80 m dipole.  The XYL
arrived at this time with snacks, so I took an hour out of the contest to
picnic.  After the picnic, I hit 80 m and that’s where I stayed for the rest
of the contest, alternating between CW and Phone to follow the rate x points
per QSO.

After the final QSO, I spent the next hour taking the antenna down in the dark
- not recommended.  By 2 AM, I was on the road home, having made 260 QSOs from
Rare Geauga County.