[3830] CQWW CW XE1NTT/2(XE1NTT/N6AN) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 1 02:51:27 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: XE1NTT/2
Operator(s): XE1NTT/N6AN
Station: XE2K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mexico

  160:   67     4        3
   80:  436    24       34
   40: 1251    31       76
   20: 1160    27       62
   15:  657    26       56
   10:   83     5        5

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

First of all a hearty thanks to Hector, XE2K, and his family in Mexicali for
supporting my radio activity.  I very much appreciate your help!
Getting only 5 hours of sleep Thursday night was not a good warmup for a 48
hour contest!  C'est la vie.  That's what I get for flunking "Planning 101."
Some more interesting points:
-My first QSO was with JO7HAM.  How cool is that?
-Did I hear anyone express a difficulty in working zone 6 this time?  Mil
gracias a todos los radio experimentadores mexicanos por su estupenda
actividad!  DXXE put together three teams to keep the deserving happy.
-Big JA runs on 20 and 40.  Thank you!!
-I worked 6W1RW on 40 at 0834Z well past his sunrise.  When I asked him to QSY
to 80, thinking it was dark still for him, he said sure.  No joy.  But back on
my 40 frequency he stopped by again to say we almost made it.  I called myself
a dunce to him for trying so late, but he said, "I heard you."  WOW!
-Just as a 10 meter run got underway, the amp popped a relay wire.  Hector had
it fixed in 25 minutes.  Thanks!
-I was glad as I tuned across the huge African pileups on Sunday that they
were
all in my log already, except for ZS4TX, whom I had worked the night before on
80 meters.  Cool.  But on 15 I broke his pileup on my first contact after a 50
minute nap.  In my brain dead state I could not understand his request to QSY
and just stood by while Bernie tried the other band.  I stood by, the pile
stood by, then Bernie was calling CQ again.  I moved on kicking myself, quite a
bit embarrassed and a bit more awake!
-Getting called by 5R, 3B8, 4X, and several Europeans on 40 meter LP both
mornings.
-Getting called by HS0ZDJ in the last 15 minutes on 20 for a double mult!
-Many QSOs during which I awoke to find a call in the callsign window and no
report entered yet.  I would doze off during my exchange only to start awake
realizing someone on the other end was waiting for a confirmation.  They were
very short naps because I think everyone waited for me to wake up!

I am disappointed with my multiplier totals.  I am stunned by the big mult
totals other stations achieved.  Could be due to lack of S&P diligence and also
to the big USA pileups I managed to generate.  Not much luck working weaker DX
stations through them.  Also I found EU openings to be
very few.  Sunday morning seemed better but my CQs did not bring in many EU
stations.  And no Middle East!  I never heard zones 17, 21, 22, 23, 36, 37 on
any band.

I tried to sign my call after every QSO or when things really heated up after
every two or three QSOs.  As you know, XE1NTT/2 takes a while to send at any
speed, hi!  Some folks really take not IDing to save time to an extreme,
waiting up to 10 QSOs before IDing.  And when I asked specifically for their
call while giving my exchange some just ingored my request.  Please don't let
me catch you on my frequency asking for my call!!

There are some amazing scores out there.  What a blast to see the top three USA
stations all so close in score.  Fantastic job by the HC8N gents in M/M!
Fantastic "shootout" from the Carribean with V47NT doing a great job of
competing with the 3 pointer trio from Aruba.  Congrats John, Dick, Andy and
Andy!
Thanks to all for the QSOs.  Another "best of the best" contest has come and
gone.  Until next year!

David, XE1NTT/N6AN

Station:  FT1000, Dentron amp running around 500 watts, wires for 160/80, yagi
and delta loop for 40, high tribander and quad for 20/15/10.