[3830] ARRL 160 N0FP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 08:50:23 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0FP
Operator(s): N0FP
Station: N0FP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

Total:  QSOs = 931  Sections = 74  Countries = 4  Total Score = 146,172

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

The second night was definately better than the first.  My Q count is low the
first night and I never recovered.  Both 2004 and 2005 had better Q counts with
more mults.  But this beats my 2003 score by a good margin.

49 States again.  Where the heck is Alaska when you need it?  Some of the
missing mults were a shock too.  What's up with nobody in NNY or SDG?  Missed
PR and NL & NWT in RAC.

They call it sweepstakes with a twist of DX.  I call it great fun.

There must be a bunch of stations running bed springs for antennas.  Or else
the transmitters are powered by the Energizer Bunny.  There are more ESP QSOs
in the log this year than normal.  At least, that's the way it seems.

The station antenna has S7 noise.  And my beverage occassionally has S3 noise
that comes and goes.  Forgive me if I was working you and it felt like you had
a brain dead moron on the other end.  It was the buzz box inthe neighborhood.