[3830] ARRL 160 AL4T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 10:08:16 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AL4T
Operator(s): AL4T
Station: AL4T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 137  Sections = 49  Countries = 5  Total Score = 14,161

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I came home from a field exercise for a few hours and saw on the N1MM Reflector
someone had trouble setting up for this contest. I opened N1MM, set up, and
clicked on the rules for the contest... and found out it was going on right
then! This was 2200 local, Saturday. I tuned up my 80M fan sloper and answered
a couple of CQ's... and I was off!

I burned up my amp in SSCW a few weeks ago and haven't fixed it yet, so I did
all S&P and had some of the best rates I've had - 120/hr for a minute, 72/hr
for 10 minutes, 54/best hour.

This was my first foray into 160M, other than a half-dozen Q's in CQWWCW, but I
have been working on low band antennas and hope to do a bunch more. I've got a
K9AY hanging in the front yard, my sloper and my still-incomplete FS 80M vert
in the back.

Thanks for the Q's and CU in the 'tests,
73,
Brad
AL4T

Sergeant First Class, Infantry