[3830] ARRL 160 W0ETT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 10:59:16 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 457  Sections = 72  Countries = 5  Total Score = 71,533

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Good 160m contest and condx in this one.  My best effort yet on 160 with 457 Qs
and 77 mults.  The IC756 Pro3 and vertical antennas are working out well.  I
seem to get some gain from the inverted L 65' high with two radials at 10 ft
level (120' horizontal leg is aimed east) when compared to the 65' shunt fed
tower/antenna combo with 45 radials which seems to have gain to the west.
Would switch between the two at times and hear stations better. - Heard but
missed ME and NNY as couldn't find them cqing any where.  Other sections missed
were:  RI, AK, NL, MB, NT, and PR.  Also missed wkg HP1/DJ7YAA with big s9
signal as my 100w just couldn't break the pile;  when I came back 30 - 40 min.
later, he had gone QRT.  Wkd super ops PJ2T and KV4FZ with s9 signals as well.

Glad to work some of the GMCC crew:  KV0Q (LOUD, Bill!  I found out what my
attenuater was for...), K0UK, K0EU, K6XT, WT9Q (nice sig from Estes, Bob!), and
KJ0G.  Heard K0FX and W0MU working guys but didn't find them cqing.  -
Almost missed Wyoming...but worked WC7S (QRP?) near the end at Sunday sunrise.

73 Ken, W0ETT
Parker, CO