[3830] ARRL 160 NG7Z Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 12:49:52 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bothell, WA

Total:  QSOs = 249  Sections = 50  Countries = 1  Total Score = 25,449

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was the first time I've entered a Topband contest. Just this fall, I put up
an inverted L for this band and laid out a few radials. Also ran a 500 foot wire
low to the ground directly south as a receiving antenna since the noise was very
high when receiving on the inverted L. I was pleasantly surprised by the level
of activity but disappointed that I couldn't be heard very well east of the
Rockies. But I don't think this is such a bad score for a first time effort
despite 9.5 hours of butt time. CQ'ing did produce a few nice runs but most of
it was S&P.
Thanks for the Q's and see you in the Ste Perry. Maybe by then I'll have a
better transmitting and receiving setup.
73 Paul NG7Z