[3830] ARRL 160 K6NV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 13:19:23 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Truckee, CA  (SV)

Total:  QSOs = 326  Sections = 48  Countries = 2  Total Score = 30,432

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With my limited antennas, I had a great time.  Friday night from here was great,
I was able to hold a run frequency, felt that I was loud and actually had a
sustained run rate of around 60/hour for 2 hours. Ran about 200 q's Friday.
Sat night felt like I had worked everybody, was a workout to find fresh q's.
On both evenings I was generating a pileup at times.  Have to do something for
a better receive antenna, I could tell lots of folks calling me, but they were
so weak it was mush and I could not pull them out.  Felt good to get most
people I called on the first call while S&Ping.  Very few contacts east of the
Rockies.  Last night, though I was surprised with MDC and DE.  I am also
fighting a S 7-9 noise level here (powerline related) which dosen't help, but I
am figuring out how to hear through it.

Lineup:
FT-1000MP
AL-80b, 900-1kw most of the time
125' slopper off the 60' tower running in a southely direction