[3830] ARRL 160 VE3RCN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 3 15:35:39 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Welland On
Operating Time (hrs): @6

Total:  QSOs = 165  Sections = 41  Countries = 0  Total Score = 13,530

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Friday...160m is nice and quiet...no QRN....ahhhh CRAP, I havent put up the 160m
loop yet. I have been so busy working, I forgot about it, I have been quite
happy with the 50 foot tower and tribander at the new QTH. So, Saturday is
spent stringing up the 14 guage wire through low tree branches around the whole
city sized lot. Snotty nosed neighbour kids want to know what I am up to. Whats
with all the antennas lately? Who am I? Am like a spy or something?

Well kids, thats a big TV antenna....cause I have a big screen TV in the
house.

Whats the long wire in the trees for then? Ahhh...thats for the Christmas
lights that I will be stringing up. Hey mister, howcome you are going to have
Christmas lights in your back yard too? I bet you are going to put sheets on it
so we cant see what you are doing. Why dont you put up a bigger fence? (Hmmm,
good idea).

Anyway, the 160m loop was only quickly strung up as a temporary measure. I will
endeavour to get it up higher later. I found that the computer monitor gives a
lot of hash noise. I wonder if one of those new flat screen LCD ones would be
better? Comments?