[3830] ARRL 160 N6KB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 4 23:48:23 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6KB
Operator(s): N6KB
Station: N6KB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hilo, HI

Total:  QSOs = 194  Sections = 59  Countries = 4  Total Score = 27,846

Conditions seemed fair on Friday and somewhat poor on Saturday. I have done
better in past years from this QTH. I did not have a separate receive antenna
functioning this time. Nevertheless, based on the scores I have seen posted so
far (which does not include KH6ZM) and the few KH6 stations I heard on the air,
I stand a good chance of being amongst the top three scores for Hawaii. KH6ZM
was the strongest and most consistently on the air KH6 station that I heard. On
one or two occasions I was able to QSO stations the were apparently not hearing
KH6ZM,  Maybe those three radials I just added made the difference, or maybe I
was lucky enough to be transmitting right in the other station's narrow filter
when ZM was not so lucky. I don't hold out much hope that I'll see my score in
print (hard copy) in QST though. My chances (or any Pacific Section station's
chances) of being in the top five in any category in the WHOLE WEST COAST
REGION are pretty small.