[3830] ARRL 160 K4WX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 5 01:07:16 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4WX
Operator(s): K4WX
Station: K4WX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Atlanta, GA

Total:  QSOs = 45  Sections = 29  Countries = 0  Total Score = 2,610

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had fun in my first CW contest and also my first time ever on 160!
I did not plan on entering, but I tried to load up the G5RV with a tuner
after hearing an AZ station above the ten over noise level. I was amazed
that the tuner found a match, and astounded that my signal made it to AZ!
Played around for almost four hours until the wife woke up at sunrise and
scolded me for not having come to bed.

Rig: Omni VI+ at 90 watts
Ant: 80 Meter G5RV up 30ft with MFJ-993 auto tuner