[3830] ARRL 160 K7OX M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 5 20:31:40 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7OX
Operator(s): K7OX + PACKET
Station: K7OX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 801  Sections = 75  Countries = 7  Total Score = 139,072

On Wed I came down with a horrible head cold and was not planning to get on
except to look for any new countries.  My wife, (KE7AJ) pointed out I would not
be able to sleep anyway with all the coughing and hacking so might as well get
on.  Both nights around 2AM quit and tried to grab a couple hours of sleep and
get back up around 5AM for Pacific DX. Other then KH6, JA's and a lone UA0
nothing heard in the Pacific should have just sleep in.  I had 49 states the
first night and early the second night found W1OP in RI to give me WAS during
the contest.  I then was thinking maybe a Sweep would be possible but it was
not to be.  I missed 5 sections, NNY PR VE4 NT and NL.  I heard VO1HP on the
second night but could not break through the midwest/eastcost signals to grab
Frank for the tough NL section. As far as the other 4 sections I never heard
one. Conditions as far as noise etc seem to be OK but there still were a lot of
clicks and birdies form other stations. Thanks for the Q's and Happy Holidays.
Any "Top Banders" in the "Big Apple" ?  I am leaving for NYC for ten days to
spend the Holidays.

73 Gary