[3830] CQWW CW ES5MC SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 6 11:43:03 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ES5MC
Operator(s): ES5MC
Station: ES5MC

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH:

   80: 1225    31       98
Total: 1225    31       98  Total Score = 209,883

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

A semi-serious effort from my new QTH. Just a wire vertical (last 5m bent and
sloping) from a ca 18m high spruce 40m from the house, managed to attach also 6
radials to it before it became too dark on Friday evening... Then realised that
my rig went totally dead on RX - thanks to ES2FN got a Mark V quickly and could
come QRV in the contest! My aim was to have some idea how the place is working
and how is the QRM/noise situation, also to have fun of course. It was fairly
good really, I copied much better than most DX guys copied me, Hi! And no
special RX antennas, just receiving on the same vertical.
The highlight for me was KH7X calling me the 2nd morning, worked also NL7Z from
zone 1 and ZL6QH in almost full day-light. Quite many nice mults from Caribbean
as well, not too many far-east (e.g. only 17 JAs) but an average count of US
stations (ca 50). So, have to be rather pleased to consider a modest antenna
set-up and not too good conditions.

Hope to be more equipped for the next year's event.

73, Arvo