[3830] ARRL 160 W3TS Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 7 14:27:10 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EPA

Total:  QSOs = 594  Sections = 60  Countries = 4  Total Score = 76,608

Friday was a bad start to the contest weekend. The weather front that was moving
through the US and now in the Northeast was on top of my QTH and spun up a
tornado 1/2 mile south of my house. It killed one person and did over $2
Million in damage. Thus the first night was very noisy and difficult with much
repeating of my QRP signal.

Second night was better, but I had allot of trouble with frequency stealing.

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion at 5 watts
Ant: 1/8 wire Tee with 70 x 70 foot long radials. It managed to stay up during
the passage of the weather front.
Rx Ant: SE/NW revisable 300' beverage. Not the best directions but the best
that can be done along the fence line in town with help from the neighbors.