[3830] ARRL 160 N5OE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 8 21:19:39 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5OE
Operator(s): N5OE
Station: N5OE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NTX

Total:  QSOs = 348  Sections = 70  Countries = 3  Total Score = 52,122

Yet another great year for the ARRL160 contest. Thanks to all for the qso's and
paitence for the ones that I simply could not hear that well, especially those
in the 6 land.

Conditions seemed pretty good from hear this year, little to no noise on the
band. Some day I will get to operate the entire contest and maybe by then I
will have a decent antenna up as well. I had a total of about 7 hours spent "on
and off" primarily Sunday morning calling CQ about 70% of the time.

FT-920 packed in InRad
Shunt fed 57' tower and a TA-33 for top loading and 12x120' ground radials :)
1 RX Beverage North East

Heard 3 JA's on Sunday morning during the contest calling CQ, they all were
easy copy but I never could get them to hear me with only 100 watts output. I
heard several EU's also but they were weak, so after my experiance with the
JA's earlier I did not dally long on them.

I simply could not beleive I did not log one XE? Guess we were just not on at
the same time or something, this should have been a "gimmie" from Texas :)

Have a Great Christmas and a wonderful '07
N5OE