[3830] ARRL 10 G0RTN SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 16:56:17 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: G0RTN
Operator(s): G0RTN
Station: G0RTN

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: London

   CW:  53     20
  SSB:  30     10
-------------------
Total:  83     30  Total Score = 8,100

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

IC7400 barefoot (100W) and an R7 vertical.

The band was weakly open to North Eastern and South Eastern Europe for most of
Saturday, a weak, but consistent, Es opening stretching all the way from
Eastern Italy to UA6 after sunset on Saturday, and only groundwave stations
worked on Sunday.  Only one LU in the log.  Most bizarrely, no EAs, CTs or
EA8s, indeed with the exception of the solitary LU, no-one west of IK4-land.
Yes, it's solar minimum.

Too many gotaways with 100 Watts and a vertical - CX5BW and ZS4JAN (CW) and
NP3CW (SSB) all CQed in the face of my puny signal.  4K and ZA were the most
interesting stations worked from here.

Didn't hear too many big numbers being sent from G, although there seemed to be
some decent scores, given the conditions, from the Balkans.

I wish that sunspot polarity would hurry up and flip.