[3830] ARRL 10 K6GEP SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 19:18:43 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: CA

   CW:   72    23
  SSB:   57    22
-------------------
Total:  129    45  Total Score = 18,090

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Unfortunately, my operating time was limited.  Missed the prime time of
10AM to Noon both days.

Even at the bottom of the sunspot cycle, this contest reminded me how much
I like 10 meters!  100W and a Ringo Ranger vertical was all I needed. I like
the concept of "you hear em, you work em" on 10.

Tried a 10 meter dipole up 45 feet in my palm tree horizontally on a 20 ft
pvc pipe and it worked well.  On receive it was noisier than my vertical.
I've got some serious interference in my neighborhood, as N6NB can attest.

I thought I was going to hang it up at 2300Z, but the final opening to
AZ, TX, SD and FL kept me interested to the final bell.

Happy Holidays to all.   -Tim K6GEP