[3830] ARRL 10 KI9A M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 19:53:57 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: il

   CW:   92    29
  SSB:  163    46
-------------------
Total:  255    75  Total Score = 52,050

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Usually do this with my friend, WE9A, at his QTH. This year, between the clean
up from a major ice storm last week, work both mornings, and poor condx,
decided to just get on between chores from home. When I did, it was either
stone dead, or wide open. Never have seen such dramatic drops/increases in
signals, all within exchanging reports. I listened to Mike, K5NZ Saturday
evening, and he would go from nil to 20 over in the space of "five-nine texas".
Wish I could have recorded some of this wierdness. Went M/S, so I could post a
few spots, and pick a few up. There sure is a big difference in picking up
groundwave Q's between my 25' tribander, and WE9A's 110' kt34xa. Never heard
most of the stuff we normally work at his place.

I sure miss the sunspots. This contest is fun with the strange prop, but, much
more fun with spots!

73 & Happy Holidays-Merry Christmas!

Chuck KI9A