[3830] ARRL 10 K0HW SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 22:44:52 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: South Dakota

   CW:  117    32
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  117    32  Total Score = 14,976

This year I thought I would try and set the record for the 10 Meter ARRL
contest
for QRP - CW in South Dakota since there had never been an entry before from
South Dakota.  The 10 Meter contest is always amazing in that at times there
are
signals all over the band and at other times there is nothing but noise and
maybe imaginary signals that pop once in a while with scatter.

I was unable to find any local stations that could copy the QRP signal and the
ZL station I heard could not hear me.  It is neat that Dave K1ZZ found me late
in the contest which made my last contact.  It seemed that I must have been one
of the only South Dakota stations on CW as almost every station thanked me for
the multiplier.

I will look for you all in the RAC Winter Contest the weekend between
Christmas
and New Years Day.

73  Jim  K0HW