[3830] ARRL 10 K8IA SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 23:22:19 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 15:30

   CW:  812    72
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  812    72  Total Score = 233,856

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Ten-Tec Orion II, 100w
3 el SteppIR at 78'
N1MM Logger

Because of the usual low sunspot doldruums, this wasnt on my contest schedule
this year. So, I made firm plans for other activities both Saturday and Sunday
afternoon.

After Friday evenings great Es, producing 300 qso's in under 4 hrs, I realized
I erred by not having this contest on my schedule. Won't make that mistake in
coming years.

I did catch great openings from about 1730-1930Z both days and had a ball with
the big runs. Best was 151/hr for 1830-1930Z Saturday. Stratosphere stuff for
this old dude. Doubt I could really do much better with HP.

I think I may operate this one full time next year.

73, Bob K8IA
Near the Superstition Mts
Arizona USA