[3830] ARRL 10 K4ZA(@W3LPL) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 07:51:28 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4ZA
Operator(s): K4ZA
Station: W3LPL

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MD

   CW: 1029    78
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1029    78  Total Score = 321,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

On the road doing tower/antenna work & decided to operate 10M Test, prior to
installing repairs here at Frank's this week.  Having won this Test in previous
years from NC, at a much smaller station, I was sure this would be fun.  But the
mind-numbing slowness...the weak & watery signals...the lack of
stations...wow...tough sledding, indeed. Highlights?  Absolutely, nonetheless!
ZS1EL a true 40 over on Sunday, the always-loud ZL signals, the sudden burst
(130 hour) of CA stations on Saturday, emails during the test (relayed by
Frank:  My God you're loud or I'm calling you but you don't hear me!), WAS
minus KL7, the PVRC/CDXA gang & other old friends (K8IA, W8AV et al) who
searched me out, et cetera.  Contesting remains a source for fun, inspiration,
& amazingly enough, employment...CU next year~!